Moodle: Netiquette for Forums
In addition to the Shades or Noir Netiquette, we have some “do’s and don’ts” for participating in forum discussions:
- Keep your posts clear, concise and constructive.
- Stick to the subject.
- Be respectful and civil.
- Clearly distinguish fact from opinion.
- Reference other people’s ideas and content.
- Read a person’s full post before posting a reply.
- Use emojis sparingly, but particularly if you are concerned the meaning or humour of your message might get lost.
- Resort to personal attacks.
- Use language that may cause offence to others.
- Type your messages in CAPITAL LETTERS. This is considered shouting. It can also present accessibility difficulties for some readers.
- Confuse fact with opinion.
- Begin a new thread if your post relates to an existing one.
- Include the body of the original message in your reply. Highlight only the relevant quotations you wish to discuss.
Leave a Reply